Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saturday in Östersund!




Today I slept in late then lazily walked to find that Dad had made me some breakfast. We then got dressed warmly and walked into town to go and see the "Jamtli" museum. The museum's main focus is the region known as Jämtland in Sweden and Norway and people and animals that lived and live there. There were many interesting exhibits about the Sámi people of Jämtland and their ways of life.

After going through the exhibits, we headed upstairs to the gift shop and then on to the cafe, where we had a very relaxing lunch and coffee.


After that we headed back to our room and got ready for our afternoon ski. We skied for about an hour and 15 minutes, we did 2 of the lower loops and 3 of the upper ones.
After the ski, I was pretty tired, but I read for a while and then we watched some alpine racing on TV.

We hosted dinner tonight so we had everyone over for some very, very rich rice and beef stew (or as the caterer said "Swedish Buffalo!" A perfect meal for the night when Dad was giving the talk about nutrition and dietary practices. After his talk, I headed over to one of the other athlete's houses to get a better WiFi connection to blog. Later I went back, read, and fell asleep early.






4 comments:

Peg said...

Fell asleep early- eh? By my calculation it is already 10:30 - must be getting some late(r) ones in too. Sounded like another great day. The dinner looked intriguing - did you have some Sam? That must be lunch with all the good looking salads. That's a fancy VW - how about bringing that back for the Ford Sayre team? I'll write more later, but Anna wants a chance to read the blog now- Love u - mom

Unknown said...

The food looks great! I love you both a ton. I miss you.

Love Anna

Buppa said...

Hey, you guys sound like you're having a super time! I like the IKEA food. We're still at Anne & Brucies, but returning early pm. Ski like the wind.
Love,
Bupski

misssadie said...

hey sam;
being computer challenged I don't know if you;re getting any of our notes, hope you are. We're loving the blog,
Mar and Rog