Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm in Sweden...skiing.

After just about the longest 24-hours of travel ever, we arrived in Östersund, Sweden. We were promtly greeted by our friend Bernd, who drove us to where we were all staying. Unfortunately, my bag with all of my clothes was lost in transport so I won't get it until tomorrow. We arranged so that I will ski with the youth biathlon team during my time here. I am so excited to ski with people my own age from a different country, dad says that they'll be able to speak English and I'll be able to learn a lot of good training tips. Bernd gave me a lot of nice Adidas gear, and that really helps seeing as my bag is lost somewhere between Östersund and Boston. Check back soon when I post more about the skiing conditions.

6 comments:

Buppa said...

hi Sam, Glad you arrived safely. Sorry about your baggage - hey just go out and get some euro clothes. Have fun skiing with your Swedish friends.
Buppa

Peg said...

Hi Sam, bet your running on empty right now without much sleep since Boston. Anna likes your coat - sorry to hear about the baggage delay. We miss you and will write more later.
P and A

Nena said...

Sammy,
Hard to imagine your bag being lost between Boston and Ostersund. It's not like you changed flights in between. By now I hope it has arrived. If not, I should imagine you have some shopping to do. Skiing with the team sounds fabulous. What 's the course like ? And, how different is the training from Ford Sayre?
Love you, miss you, and hope that you're having a wonderful time!
Nena

Rebecca said...

hey dude! loving this blog and hearing about your travels. i think you planned the whole "lost bag" thing just to get the cool addidas freebies, but i won't tell anyone. how's the skiing? how are the other kids? getting any cool music tips? what do kids in sweden listen to anyway?

it's 30 degrees out here and we're in shock. not sure i have the right gear to head out in this kind of freeze attack. feel for me.

love, love,
aunt labecca and her gang

Rebecca said...

dear sam, i'm hoping you're having a great time in sweden. i hope you had a safe trip in and that you will return safely to vermont. love you, benjamin

Mira Kehler said...

heyyyyyyyyy sam guess hu? MIRA!!! lol dude i frlippen love this blog. its so cool how come u didnt tell ne1 about it?!?!?!?!?!?!?1/ its awsome dude! btw how was switzerland? all u said was it was good n somethen about waxing skiis. lawlzzzz...but man tht is so sick you are so ridic lucky!!!!!!!!!